Thursday, April 17, 2008

Seventeen For Me

Trying to find myself
But I'm still lost
Even more than before
Dreaming of better
Because reality is depressing
Just pieced together my heart
New scars for the world to see
Treading on thin ice
Threatened with a changing blaze
It grows
It dies
Reaching for something
With fragile hands
Living in a past breath
Hoping for the next
Thinking love is a lie
Only to believe it again
Finding something new to hold closer
A new anthem to celebrate
Searching
For a someone
Because my heart's a fool
And I'm following it
I still prefer the night
The darkness creeps closer
Shelter in a dragon's wings
A little less of a shadow
More of another soul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Because reality is depressing"

that's a very direct way of saying it lol

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming