Saturday, March 8, 2008

Losing It

The shadows are moving
Trying to kill me
The walls are inching
Closer and closer
The shadows are talking
Planning something
The door is trying to stifle a laugh
The shadows are stalking
Haunting my every step
I can't seem to lose them
The sky is falling
The ground is falling
We all fall down
Bodies buried
Angels fallen
Shadows lurking

They think I'm fine
They say I'm fine
They swear I'm fine
But the shadows stand behind them
I think otherwise

The shadows are staring
Waiting for something
I'm holding every breath
Like it's my last
Hoping for the next second
The next heartbeat
Seconds are an eternity
The shadows creep closer
And closer
And closer
And all I can do is scream

2 comments:

jeff said...

Good poem about going crazy. You don't need to know the title to know what you're talking about.

Vyolet said...

Bodies buried
Angels fallen
Shadows lurking


Beautiful!

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming