Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Perfect is a Lie

I used to believe
There was such a thing
As perfect
In this world
We breathe

But I've spit a thousand lies before
I've swallowed a million lies before
I've tasted
Bitter failure
And it lingered
In my mouth
Nothing flattering
Nothing perfect

Perfect doesn't scar
Perfect doesn't scream
Perfect doesn't bleed
Nothing perfect about me

And the world's so twisted
That bad means good
And honesty has lost meaning
The truth is bent so far
And lies became so easy
Something's wrong
But we don't care

Perfect doesn't lie
Perfect doesn't kill
Perfect doesn't live
Nothing perfect here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved the last lines the most

Anonymous said...

I really connected w/ this.... Thak You.

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming