Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Naturally Imperfect

Maybe it is my nature
To scream
Maybe it is my nature
To bleed
Maybe I'm something other than perfection
Something that scares you to death
You see my flaws as daggers at your throat
And I'm not bothered a bit
By that idea
A tower I see you
Before me
I find my hand on the cornerstone
And watch you crumble
You thought you held the sky
But don't you see?
The sky looks down on you
Pity
Shame
Maybe it's life
That has got a chokehold on you
Putting you on the verge of living
In a reality
But no
You insist on dying
Insist on the grave
Anything but an apartment
Anything but a life
Maybe it's perfection that's weak
It's relient on flaws
To make IT perfect

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming