Friday, June 13, 2008

Price to Pay to Play

What's the price
To play the game?
Take my heart
My soul
My voice
Take my mouth
My eyes
My ears
Have I paid
The price to play?
It's all we want
To win this game
But everything
Still feels the same
We've lost our turns
And now we wait
For the game
To end its way
Where will we be?
What will we do?
Who will speak?
Is this
The price to play?
Take all of me
My humanity
Dress me in plastic
And hand me
A set of lies
To abide
Another scapegoat
To feast upon
I can finally play
Play this sick and twisted game
Don't you want to play with me?
Don't you want to play the game?
Do you know the price to pay?
What's the price to play the game?

1 comment:

keikomushi said...

I love your lyrical work. It shows a maturity beyond the norm. You have such an ability draw the reader in. That's it, this blog is a must-subscribe!

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming