Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lost Hope

I have no joy to tell you
I have no good news
I don't come in peace
I break it
Tear it to pieces

This cold glaze in my eyes
Isn't meant for friends
So why would you try?
No one bothers with me
I don't bother with them
I don't need...them...

I swear the shadows dance around me
They whisper to me
They scream at me
They grab me by the heart
And choke me to death
Only to bring me back
To do it all again

There's nothing left for me to believe in
I refuse
There's no one here for me
Abandoned
Again
Not again
It's only again
Silence is all that I crave now
I've acquired a distaste for company

These were built for resisting
Locks were made for solitude
Doors aren't mirrors
I don't have to see myself
My shadow is my reflection
I don't need a face anymore
No one cares about me
I don't care about...them...

I'm just a voice
Echoing somewhere
Maybe it's the wind
Maybe it's my ghost...

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming