Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Waiting to Fly

Even after the years fly by
And we grow older
Will you ever understand?

The pain you cut
So deep in me
The nights you watched me bleed
Watched me scream
You heard nothing
It was written on your face
In a shade darker than black
I've gone numb from this hurt
Jaded

When we take a turn for the worse
And death shows its face
Will you ever think of me
In the light?

The tears I've shed
I'll never show you
Because you wouldn't see me
you're blind to my suffering
Oblivious in your own perfect LITTLE world

I wasn't born as perfect
Because there's no such thing as perfection
But you just keep trying
Keep believing in NOTHING

I feel like I've wasted my time here
My life
But there's nowhere else to go
Because I haven't found it yet
I've grown my wings
Just wait until I learn to fly
My day
My time

3 comments:

Vyolet said...

Merry Christmas. Wishing you peace and some HUGE presents.
Vy

Commissioner said...

Well written.

PV said...

Merry Christmas Dragonraid. Keep writing those poems.

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming