Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Apology

It breaks my heart
(To know)
She wouldn't care
(No)
She'd never know
(I'm gone)

If I were to die today
What would my
Last words be?
(An apology)

I'm sorry
(To have never met you)
I'm sorry
(To have never loved you)
I'm sorry
(To have never held you)
I'm sorry
(Sorry)

If I could still write
I'd write to her
(My one)
My only
Somewhere
(Somewhere)
Out there

I hope she's not waiting
I hope she's still breathing

But maybe it's better
(This way)
To have never loved
To have never lost
(Maybe it's better)
If we don't know
Each other's faces
(Faces)
We can keep
Dreaming

If I were to die
(Today)
My last words
Would be

I'm sorry
(To have never met you)
I'm sorry
(To have never loved you)
I'm sorry
(To have never held you)
I'm sorry
(Sorry)

From my heart
To hers
(Find a way)
To touch her
To tell her

I'm sorry
To have never
(Known you)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DAMN.

Sorry, but that's what I thought after reading it, and I'm sure you are curious to know what those thoughts are.... so there ya go.

Oh, and the reaction is because this fits my life perfectly.

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming