Monday, August 4, 2008

My Home (Nothing)

This is my home
Where nothing happens

This is where I grew up
Scared of the dark
I breathe to the silence of the streets

This is where nothing happens
The outside world
Doesn't infect me here
It can't reach me
No
Not here
Nothing

I could care less
About
Nothing

The silence is deadly
I choked on unspoken words
Nothing happened
Again

This is my home
Where I bleed the silence

This is where I fell in love
Broke my legs for her
This is where I screamed at the sky
And lost my voice

This is where I dreamed
Where I nightmared
The beginning
And the end

This is my home
Where nothing is precious

I would wish on the stars
But the bright night lights
Hide them from my vision

This is where I threw it away
Where I gave up
Cave in

I wanted something more
Than this
Something better

This is my home
Where I learned to cope
With my darkness

Where nothing happens

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming