Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If She Only Knew

I wonder if one day
She would read these words
And realize what I wished
What I wanted
Up until the day
I finally move on from this
(But that's not today)
[Not tomorrow]

I wonder if she would feel anything
(From these words)
They're just ink on paper
[But they mean the world to me]
If she read these words
(Would she care?)
Would she hold onto them,
If only for a moment?
Would she read them,
Through and through?
Would she fly,
On these [broken],
(Ink-stained) wings,
Into a sunset,
I wrote,
(Only meant for her?)

(I wonder...)
If she wandered
The vastness of the internet
Would she stumble upon this?
[My passion]
Inspiration
(My life)
Would she recognize herself
Amongst my broken words?

[I might] (be) pathetic
[I might] (be) poetic
[I might] (just be) a dreamer
[I might] (just be) another

(But I can't help to wonder)
If she ever read these words
Would she find herself
Wrapped in my ink
Spilled just for her?

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming