Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breakaway

You will never
[Understand]
How I felt
[Locked up
In this cage]
(I'd like to think for myself)
[I'm not your slave
Let me be]

My future
Is mine to hold
[Mine alone]
The tables
Have turned (on you)
[Do you see now?]
The problems
(Created)
Left unsolved
[The pain you dealt]
(Scars will never fade)

I'm not your toy
Not your (experimental) [game]
This is life is (mine)
[Mine alone]
I'm not your slave
Leave me be

Why should
[I save
You?]
(You've only) given me
Memories
I want to
[Forget]
(Bury them in this place)
Where nothing
Lives

My future
Is mine to hold
[Mine alone]
(You will never)
Understand
[The pain I felt]
Locked up inside this cage
[I'd like to]
Think for myself
(You will)
[Never]
Understand

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming