Monday, October 6, 2008

Wait for Winter

I love the cold
The winter
Autumn a little
But mostly the cold

The frigid
The frost
The numbness of it all

I can freeze myself
Freeze these tears in ice
Freeze my heart solid
Keep it together
Keep myself together

Watch each breath
Escape my lips
My skin can crawl
Scared a little
Scarred a little

My body goes numb
And I can't feel
What I never wanted to

But then the summer comes
Spring
The sun

I lay ruined
My beloved
Frozen walls
Ice turned to water
Slipping away
Fading
My heart beats again
I can't see my breath
Tears blend with water

I wait for the sun to fall
Wait for the night
To bring back winter's chill
Sate my desire for frost
I wait
For winter

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming