Thursday, August 30, 2007

Regretful Wish

She's so young
So innocent
Oblivious
To the cruelness of fate
Unforgiving time
I hope
For her sake
She stays pure
So innocent...

But it's been
How many years?
She's growing up
Becoming a young adult
A teenager
Full of questions
What should I tell her?
The truth of the world?
That life isn't fair?
You can't get what you want?

She's a grown woman now
Independent
She can take care of herself
She's learned the truth
On her own
However grim
Or disheartening it was

I regret
Letting her go
On her own
But it had to be done
I can't keep her forever
But...

Sometimes I wish
That I could have stopped
The hands of time
And kept her young
So innocent...
And prevent the pain
From learning the truth
That comes with age

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming