Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cast the First Stone

I don't want to believe
Everyone's guilty, but
No one's exactly
Innocent

Who hasn't lied?
Who hasn't cheated?
Who hasn't stolen?
Who hasn't hated?

Who's never surrendered,
Given in to desire?
Who holds no regrets,
Never wanted to take
Something back?

Who's never felt
The raging fire
Of Wrath,
Our Anger?
Who's never drowned
In the waters
Of Sorrow,
Despair?
Who's never felt
The frigid winds
Of solitude?

Is there innocence?
Are there innocents?
Do we only dream of better?
Can I hope?
Should I hope?

2 comments:

Commissioner said...

I enjoy your blog. I have decided to put it on my favorite blogs list. Keep writing.

Unknown said...

Difference between youth and adulthood....

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming