Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WTF

You laugh at me
Point and laugh
But quickly shut up
And pose innocent
When I come near
If you're going to mock,
Ridicule me,
At least do it in my face
Or stop acting like I never saw you
Because you can't hide in the light
Do you laugh at me
To make yourself feel better?
Are you so insecure
That you have to put me down
So you can rise up?
I posed no threat to you
And yet you attack me
Is it because you hate
That you're living a lie,
That you're plastic, fake,
And can't stand in the sun
Lest you melt?
At least have some integrity
Some responsibility
To account for your own actions
But I guess that's rare these days
I have done nothing to you
Save for this
But this is reasonable
Retaliate to retaliation with retaliation
Or so the world goes...

1 comment:

Iwalktheline said...

Wow...it doesn't get much earthier....wow...hmmmm...another keeper

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming