Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Adoration: Innocent Life

The street went on
As far as his eyes could see
He glanced at the rear view mirror
And adored his son
What a beautiful baby!
He couldn't help but stare
And admire
His own flesh and blood
He watched his son laugh
He watched his son smile
His eyes drifted from the road...
What a beautiful baby!
I guess the other driver didn't think so...

It happened so fast
The speed was blinding
Shattered glass
Twisted metal
Screeches of collision and
Crash!
It echoes

He crawls out of the deathtrap
Engines in flames
His ears ringing
His body bleeding
He searches the destruction
Where is his son?
He turns over what was a door
And finds the corpse
Grief shreds his heart
He can hear the sirens coming
As a shard of glass gleams
Calling him...
Possibility...

1 comment:

Vyolet said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had read any of it. I have to tell you how moving I find your poetry. I found your poem 'Get Well Soon' particularly moving. I look forward to becoming a regular reader of your blog and your words.
Thank you.

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming