Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Self-Martyr

Don't follow me
Into my darkness
Stay away
My friend
Please keep your distance

I will face my demons
Of my own design
Who torment me
Bite my heels
With every step
I take

I will fall to rise
From this pit of pain
I've created
This cycle of despair
Inside

I don't want you to suffer
So stay away
Steer clear
Of me
This pain is mine
And mine alone
To bear
To live with

Keep your distance
My friend
Away from this
Self-consuming darkness
Don't follow me
And don't dare call me
A martyr
My pain, my problems
I'm no martyr...

3 comments:

PV said...

Very true. We can shut out everyone and everything then wonder why the world is so dark? Act like a martyr except we really are not - we're just living in a painful dark world which we feed and create ourselves.

Iwalktheline said...

I don't know...we are a martyr...and we are the Persecutor of the self at the same time...

Unknown said...

People learn and follow you. Then you are never really alone anymore. *hugs*

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming