Friday, November 9, 2007

They Come For Us All

I refuse
To bend my knee to you
To abide by your rules
To change by your judgements
To conform to the crowd
I'll do what I want
What I feel
This is my life
Stop trying to control it
I'm no animal
I'm not property
I am human
I am me
But you insist on marching
Continue to harass me
No one is the same
And that is for good reason
What joy is there in life
If everything is the same?
Diversity fuels creativity
And creativity feeds the soul
Gives it expression and bliss
But you are Hell-bent on making
This world like you
You exclude
You ridicule
You judge
I laugh at you
For you think you have so much power
So much influence
That you forget
You're outnumbered

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming