Saturday, November 10, 2007

Love for a Heart Out of Reach

I'd love to make her laugh
To make her smile
To hold her when she's cold
To hold her for the sake of holding her
To talk to her
To listen to her
To cheer her up when she's done
To go someplace in the dead middle of the night
Just to be with her
To gaze into her eyes

I'd tell her she's beautiful
She doesn't need make up
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
And beauty is all I see
When I look at her

I'd scream for her
I'd bleed for her
I'd even die for her
I'd love her that much

How many words have I written for her?
How many sheets of paper for her?
How much ink and lead and minutes for her?
How many memories of her?
How many regrets of her?

But she's miles away
Even standing next to me
Because she lost in a different world
And I can't enter
She breaks her heart
And I'd pick up the pieces
But she won't listen...

She's drifting farther and farther away...

Why do I love her?

Too much heartache...
Too much pain...
Too much regret...

She's drifted away...
Out of reach...

No comments:

Key/Legend

word = speaking/singing
(word) = whispering/echo
[word] = stern voice/screaming